1) A new dog bed is always the perfect gift. Bowser dog beds, available at Bowwow Haus and Tisol, are super stylish and contemporary beds made of upholstery-grade micro-velevet fabrics in dozens of fabric options. Durable, comfortable, completely washable and best of all, Canadian made! Another option for stylish, snuggly, well made dogs beds is Bailey & Bella, also available at Tisol locations.
2) “RC Dog Boots Pawks,” “Canada Pooch Wellies” and “Paws” booties to protect your dog’s precious paws. When it gets cold, these little boots save your precious doggys’ feet from the salt and chemicals used to de-ice the sidewalks. “Paws” reusable and disposable booties look like balloons, and do the job of protecting tender tootsies as do Pawks designed for both indoor and outdoor use by RC Pets. Pawks are doggy socks with non-slip pads for better traction indoors, ideal for older pets who scramble on hardwood, while their Sport Pawks are meant for outdoor use and are rubber coated for traction & protection. Tisol and Bowow Haus both carry a selection of this doggy footwear.
4) Barking Babies in Yaletown has the best selection of “High Fashion-Haute Couture” coats and sweaters in the city. For the ooh-La-La and wow factor head over to Barking Babies for cashmere sweaters by Louis Dog, around the world fashion ensembles by Touchdog, leather jackets by Hip Doggy and NHL Sports Jerseys. If you are out in the Fraser Valley, pop by Waldo & Tubbs in Fort Langley for a great selection of holiday print sweaters for your pooch by Tug’O’War. Their “tacky” holiday sweaters are truly adorable! Looking for more affordable sweater options for your pooch this season? Check out Tisol’s Grandview Highway location.
5) Ellen Ho, of Hong Photography, has made a name for herself as one of Vancouver’s premier pet photographers because she is amazing at capturing your beloved dog on film! Ellen not only has a huge soft spot in her heart for dogs, but she is also a certified trainer and a pet sitter, too, and would love to help you capture your beloved pooch as an everlasting keepsake. Gift certificates are available. Contact her at email@example.com
6) Vancouver company, RC Pet Products, carried at Tisol & BowWow Haus
Stores throughout Vancouver, manufacture one of the best selections of functional and stylish canine outerwear for dogs of all sizes. Puffy vests and raincoats protect your pet from inclement weather while looking great with styles aptly called “West Coast Rainwear,” “Yaletown Slicker” and “Robson Rainwear” and many are fleece lined or PVC coated and are waterproof which is mandatory on the West Coast. We are partial to their newest fabric, Pink Buffalo Plaid! Their matching leashes and collars come in a spectacular assortment of eye catching colors and patterns which are fun, fashionable and affordable. While shopping at Tisol, you can stock up on their excellent assortment of packaged treats and goodies to stuff your dogs’ stocking at reasonable prices!
7) Dogs love squeeky toys and Lambchop is still one of the favorites out there. Tisol amd Bowwow Haus have plush versions of “Lambchop” Toys. Bigger dogs need tougher toys – try the Kong Brand of toys guaranteed to survive your dog’s rough play, available at Tisol. Plush puzzle toys that engage your dog's natural instincts to search, stalk and capture are de rigueur. Find a selection of these toys available at Bowwow Haus and help challenge and develop your dog’s problem solving skills while keeping them entertained for hours. Pork, beef or chicken sandwich anyone? Bowwow Haus Broadway has a great selection of cute toys waiting to stuff your pooches holiday stocking. Finally, award-winning, durable PrideBites dog toys come in a variety of fun designs & they float, making them an ideal toy for dogs who love water. Available at Bowwow Haus on East Broadway.
8) Fruitables “Love life Together.” Calorie Smart Dog Treats are 100 per cent natural containing delicious, healthy ingredients like pumpkin, banana, apple, cranberry, organic oatmeal, pearl barley, cinnamon and molasses, plus their newest line of amazing jerky style treats, too. Blue Dane Treats is another Canadian company highly regarded by dog aficionados. All treats at Bowwow Haus Broadway are corn, soy & wheat free with most treats in stock sourced locally. The Tucker Chicken Breast Jerky is new to them and already a big hit with the pooches. A great little stocking stuffer for your pooch. These treats are available at Woof, Tisol, Bowwow Haus and Barking Babies in Vancouver & Uptown Dawg Spa in Port Moody.
9) Designed especially for dogs, Vancouver designed & manufactured, ZUKA Pooch collar jewellery uses only the best quality Swarovski crystals, Czech glass and pewter components. ZUKA Pooch Charms are available in two styles, paw print or clusters of cute doggy charms, and are purely fun for the fashionista in your pooch. These delightful sparkly collar charms sell for $10. ZUKA Pooch is for the dog about town, one who loves to stand out and be noticed.